If this is your first time navigating the medical marijuana certification process, don’t worry! We’re here to help. Our team of medical practitioners has all the expertise you need to get certified and get your card with minimum hassle.
When you need guidance regarding your medical marijuana treatment you will have it. Follow up will be made available with a Medical Marijuana Recs NY practitioner. We will be happy to provide you with additional resources and educational materials that can help you get the best treatment possible for your chronic condition.
Generally, medical marijuana cards are active for one year unless you are facing a terminal illness in which case they can be validated for life. If your certification has expired you can get in contact with us again through your account for a simple re-certification at a discounted rate.
If your previous recommendation was provided by another provider we can still help you get re-certified far more conveniently. Set up your account and one of our medical marijuana doctors will be in touch with you shortly to complete the re-certification process.
REGISTER AND CREATE AN ACCOUNT
RECEIVE YOUR CERTIFICATION
(if you qualify) online New York State
Our state-of-the-art video conferencing platform is secure & encrypted.
Your safety is our #1 concern!
Your medical records and information are uploaded to a secure portal.
Your privacy is our priority!
Let us partner with you. We are knowledgeable about the NY Medical Marijuana Program.
We offer the best service!
1. Ensure that you are a legal resident of New York with authentic identification as a proof of residency.
2. Connect to the portal, and register your account.
3. Fill out all forms.
4. Submit your ID and all medical documentation relating to your illness through secure email: firstname.lastname@example.org or upload to the portal. If you or your doctors office prefer, you can FAX to: 516-299-9118. Any records which establish your qualifying conditions will be admissible including: an official letter from your primary care physician, records of past palliative treatments and outcomes, diagnostic reports, blood tests and MRI scans.
5. All communications carried out through our portal are encrypted and any personal details will be stored according to strict HIPAA regulations so you can always be assured of complete confidentiality.
6. Enter in your payment details in order to complete you registration and confirm your appointment with an experienced New York-based medical marijuana doctor.
7. Have a live video conference with a registered New York medical marijuana doctor or nurse practitioner. The consultation session will take no more than 10-15 minutes, but if you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to ask. Our doctors are always ready to help.
8. When you book an appointment, you will pay the non-refundable booking fee. If you qualify, we will charge your account the balance to complete the cost of a medical marijuana consultation/certification.
9. Upon completion, a confirmatory email is sent to your inbox with the certification.
10. Next, complete an application for a Medical Marijuana Card through the Health Department’s online system at www.health.ny.gov/regulations/medical_marijuana/. You will not have to pay the $50 application fee if you select,"bill me later." You will submit proof of your identity and residency. Finally, you will submit the written certification provided by your medical marijuana provider.
11. You will receive your medical marijuana card by mail form the state within 7-10 days. You will get a temporary card immediately!
12. Congratulations! You are now all set up to purchase medical marijuana through any NY-State approved dispensary.
Although medical marijuana has been legal in New York since 2014, the process for obtaining the drug through authorized channels is not as simple as in other states such as California.
Legally Purchasing Medical Marijuana in New York
In order to legally purchase medical marijuana in New York, patients must be certified by a registered medical practitioner.
Access is Restricted
Smoking cannabis is currently prohibited within New York, as are edible treatments. Currently marijuana can only be administered in the form of liquids, vape oils, inhalers and pills.
Only patients with qualifying medical conditions are eligible for a medical marijuana certification. Conditions which fall under this purview include:
Along with proof of these conditions you must also show clear evidence of any of the following related conditions:
o cachexia or wasting syndrome
o severe or chronic pain
o severe nausea
o severe persistent spasms
o opioid use disorder (only if enrolled in a treatment program certified pursuant to Article 32 of the Mental Hygiene Law)
Medical marijuana can only be dispensed in measurable dosages that do not exceed a thirty day supply of the substance in question (2.5 ounces).
All marijuana products purchased in New York must be consumed in-state.
More Lenient Procedures are Being Integrated
Despite the relatively strict laws governing medical marijuana in New York City, NY there are clear signs that legislation is moving in a more equitable direction.
Previously, only physician’s who were registered as consenting medical marijuana practitioners were allowed to certify patients. However, these restrictions have now been expanded to include qualified physican's assistants and nurse practitioners.
Now that the qualification criteria have been expanded to include medical marijuana for chronic pain and PTSD in New York City, NY more patients can seek out legal certification without issue.
Prospective patients can legally enter marijuana dispensaries to find out more about products and treatment options. More companies are registering to manufacture and sell marijuana in the State.
Patients can now have their treatments delivered right to their homes.
In the past couple of years the New York State Department of Health has significantly streamlined the process for medical marijuana certification. While certification used to take several days to complete, the new automated procedure allows qualified practitioners to complete same-day certifications without any issues.
Coping with a long-term condition like cancer or HIV can be an extremely demanding experience. Apart from the various disease-specific symptoms you struggle with on a daily basis, you also have to put up with a number of less visible side effects. From migraines, nausea and insomnia to depression, stress and anxiety, every aspect of your life can be affected by chronic illness. For most individuals, the gradual deterioration in their physical and mental health can be impossible to deal with alone. Even with counseling and conventional medicine in place, further palliative care is often required to ensure effective treatment for distressed patients. But as Federal regulators begin to clamp down on opioids and other prescription therapies, patients are left with limited options on the table.
Medical Marijuana Can Help You Manage Your Symptoms
For decades, the negative connotations surrounding cannabis have restricted its usage as a mainstream medical treatment. However in recent years, attitudes towards the drug have changed quite drastically. As doctors search for side effect-freecomplementary therapies that can help alleviate the debilitating effects of chronic illnesses, marijuana has come to the forefront as a safe, effective medication for these conditions. A number of studies have confirmed that marijuana shows great promise when it comes to key areas such as:
➢ Pain relief.
➢ Treating stress and anxiety.
➢ Managing nausea and weight loss.
➢ Reducing the severity of PTSD episodes.
➢ Minimizing muscle spasms caused by diseases like Parkinson’s and multiple sclerosis
➢ Treating seizure disorders like epilepsy
➢ Treating serious bowel conditions like Crohn’s disease and IBS.
➢ Normalizing lost appetite.
➢ Treating migraines.
➢ Preventing eye diseases like glaucoma.
➢ Slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
Currently medical marijuana use enjoys widespread support amongst the mainstream public, with over 94% of adults indicating that they’d be happy for the drug to be legalized across the country for treatment purposes. These numbers are starting to bear out at a regulatory level as well, with 21 States including New York now legalizing the sale and use of marijuana for medical purposes.
With only 800 practitioners currently registered to provide medical marijuana certifications in person obtaining a certification can be challenging, especially if you live outside of New York City. If you’re having trouble locating a suitably qualified practitioner or if you only have limited mobility there are now more accessible certification options available.
On March 3rd 2015, New York passed the “Telehealth Amendment Act” which allowed medical service providers to administer physical assessments, consultations, diagnoses, care management plans and treatments through electronic communications channels. These new capabilities allow qualified medical providers to establish patient relationships without the need for in-person interaction. So consenting medical marijuana practitioners can now legally assess and certify patients online via video chat.
How You Benefit From Accessible Medical Marijuana Certifications
Access to Authorized Dispensaries
Currently there are 19 registered dispensaries operating across New York, but that number is set to rise as regulations are relaxed around the state. With a medical marijuana card in hand you can purchase a range of treatments for your chronic condition including: vaporizers, tinctures, CBD oils, and a variety of accessories. The convenience of these facilities cannot be overstated, through a registered facility you can be assured of uncomplicated, legal services on a regular basis.
No Legal Issues
Regardless of your intent or the amount purchased, marijuana possession is still illegal across the state of New York. A medical marijuana card allows you to carry legally regulated amounts of marijuana (2.5 ounces)without the fear of legal repercussions.
With a dispensary you can be assured of consistent pricing and access to a range of standardized precuts. You don’t have to worry about the quality of goods you’re purchasing or any potential side effects from impurities. The knowledgeable RO representatives at the dispensary will be able to offer guidance and advice regarding the products on offer and their appropriateness for your particular condition.
Our services are set up to help chronically ill patients gain access to medical marijuana in New York, conveniently and affordably. To achieve that goal, we’ve partnered with a highly experienced team of registered medical marijuana practitioners in New York, who can guide each patient through the certification process as efficiently as possible.
At the end of the day, we understand that when you’re struggling, that last thing you need is more obstacles in your path. When you work with us you can be assured that your case is in good hands. We put our patients first at every step of the way and we’re always focused on making your assessment and certification as easy as possible.
· Instant access to top-tier medical professionals that are qualified to certify you online.
· Consultation to confirm whether you qualify for a medical marijuana under State law and issuance of SAME DAY card.
· A range of services that cover everything from online recommendations, to optional follow-ups and yearly re-certification.
· Competitive pricing that puts us at the very forefront of the industry.
· Comprehensive assessment of all medical records and documentation ensures a smooth certification process.